Thursday, November 28, 2013

OCT?

OCT Results

Again, it is one of these times that I call "Wasted Weeks". I've spent the week going for the eyes examinations in the morning or afternoons and running chores. I did work a bit on some macro experiments trying to understand some aspects, yet though the set is cumbersome still, and with my physical exhaustion of everyday I do barely think of doing something with my camera. This week also, we had a flight show done by the Red Arrow, commemorating the historical visit of our Emir to the United Kingdom last year. Of course, I wasn't there to shoot. First, the show was on Tuesday, one of the days that I do have to pick Mom for dialysis and going in errands from and to my work place. A bad timing of traffic jams and exhaustive demeanor. Secondly, I don't have much of a zooming power with my Tamron 70-300mm broken. Everything that needs zooming power must put on hold for the time being. Thus, I barely had any chances to go to that show already.
Mainly, in the meantime, I'm trying to dig more information about visual aids since I reckoned that it is possible, to some degree, to help people with retinitis pigmentosa live somehow a regular life with their impairment. It is mainly for my eldest brother and one of my older sisters who suffer from RP severely. Who knows though, I might be next.
This week also, the 38th annual book fair was established. Despite my short journey inside one of the wholes but I did pick up some queue of books that would be enough to keep me busy for some time until the next cargo of photography books later on. Typically, the fair is full of religious books or theological studies books, or for a change, political and political-related books. Thus, just for few rounds I realized I won't gain much. There was one particular book about the Ottoman Empire but it was way too thick, and in two parts, which made me re-think the possibility of reading it all. It was an analysis of the Ottoman state back then before its fall in 1924. I always hold the idea that there is a lot to learn about the past of this state, which ruled for around 700 years. Some people, however, do dream of getting this empire back. How, I don't know, but to me it doesn't sound a plausible idea.

However, for the time being, all I'm hoping for is more experiments and a bit of outdoors activity as winter is looming now and the night time is a refreshing and a relaxing time. Trying to forget the past jinxes of the past 3 months and working with a camera at night seems to be the good way to do it. All what I'm concerned about is getting in troubles again with some folks, in a time that I'm getting really sick of everyone in here, and of those around me.

If you are reading this and can offer some insight into the OCT report in the picture above (and apparently the technician didn't hear of PRINT command and used the PRINT SCREEN instead) I would really appreciate it. In the meantime, I'm going to TRY to have an appointment with the doctor, which left me sick already with the ridiculous attitude of the workers in Al-Bahar Eye Hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment