Monday, September 12, 2022

Brakes…

Hello everyone. I'm posting this earlier than usual because, well, most probably I don't have much to post by next Thursday. Anyway, this is just a short little post to let you know (if you follow these useless posts) that I'm planning to take few weeks off from blogging; or rather have to. 

My mental status had been quite in upheaval lately and my mind is quite shattered and unable to focus, adding to that, few strikes from disease (allergies, cold and fever) had been visiting and thus I'm almost unable to think of anything to do with my camera or come up with new ideas for new posts for this blog. Maybe I'm suffering from a burn-out? Not sure really. So, I thought of posting this earlier just as a little announcement for a little break and brake in my activities (as if I was busy with them anyway!), in the hope that I might have some good material in some weeks time.

Meanwhile, I was able to put down some emotions into a poem; Something which I didn't do for ages now. It was one of these severe mood swings that got me started putting words randomly and then trying to iron the whole thing. I guess mood swings aren't all bad after all, probably. The poem can be found here, but I will post it here anyway:

Black Is The Rose

Black is the rose and rosy are the tears,
a trophy to those dreams running away.
Black is the rose and bright in its flares,
left to the mind's hurdles and the heart's sway.

Lovely, and none yet had it be seen,
settled on its nettles, awaiting the dream.
But the dream passed and nowhere to be seen,
yet the Sweet lies, with hopes, of some gleam.

Gentle is my Rosy, savior of my throb,
by my cheek, always, embracing these drops.
Burdened with loads, but with me it shall sob,
drop by drop, and that passion never stops.

Black is my rose, but who dares to care?
Black is the rose, and black is my affair.

Some lines might not exactly rhyme, but I wouldn't waste much time here really. Ironically though, after writing this, I've remembered one shot that I've made back in 2013, and re-processed it again just to fit the theme of the poem. Usually, I get inspired by photos to do poems, or sometimes I would take photos or get inspired with ideas from poems of others (or simply quotes). This is the first time for me to process and image specifically to fit a poem.

Black Is The Rose

So, this is the end of this post, and I hope I would be back soon, at least in 2 weeks time; Hopefully with some health back in my body. I still need to think also about some topic to put on my Arabic blog as well. Anyway, seems that blog, too, will be on hold for months rather than weeks as well. See you later…

No comments:

Post a Comment