Saturday, October 2, 2010

Panorama Day...

Today, and as I decided yesterday, I didn't go out to any place except being here around the Thornbrook House. I decided to work on more panoramas for this beautiful place.
This morning I've slept a little bit over. In fact, I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and this is not something weird of course, and then I forced myself again to sleep, and woke up around 7:30 a.m., but didn't get out of bed until it was 8:00 a.m., the time of the breakfast!

Anyway, after breakfast I started to work on my panoramas starting with the lounge. This panorama took me 2 trials because the first run was done with a wrong vertical placement for the camera on the VR-head. After that I took a simple vertical panorama for the corridor where my room lies, and that also done 2 times for some mistakes.
I settled in the lounge for the rest of the day downloading the images but also thinking of new ventures. I finally decided to go out and take a panorama for the garden on the side of the house, and as if I started a curse. Once I put my tripod on, the rain started to hammer! I went inside in a hurry and this time I wanted to make a long exposure trial with the train (without having my Neutral Density filters with me) but when I started to do this, the rain started to become lighters and I didn't think a long exposure would be significant to show rain lines in the image, without blowing off the image that is. Anyway, after some time, the rain stopped almost and I was able to work again, on the side garden and the main garden facing the Thornbrook House.

I took as well single snap shots for the statues in the garden and I really wanted to test the HDR this time with my CS2 on this old laptop, but everything really got bad and I realized I cannot do it here at all. Not even on a small size version.

I don't have plans for tomorrow yet, but I guess all will come by the morning. Who knows. I might head to Cahir again!

Is this Cúchulainn?

The main window of the lounge, trying to focus mainly on the statue's head



No comments:

Post a Comment