Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Facrad [fucQrud]*


The turbulance in my sleeping made me dull. Yesterday, I barely wrote some lines in my stories, after being asleep in the office for like 3 hours. I barely drove to the work place to make my attendance with the damn fingerprint, but I didn't want to make a sacrifice here by going back home with the same eyes. Everytime I remember how the situation should have been and how I did not get the cooperation that I was hoping for from colleagues to use my new "crack" for such machines, I feel very disappointed. We are waiting for an attendance scanner device to be installed in our building just so their highness would be comfortable and not afraid to do the fingerprint mimicking, and that means it might work by 2020, hopefully.

The yield for today is 1 verse, reaching line #720 as it is recorded in the original draft. Of course this is with the mistakes in numbering that were discovered before, but I keep it that way.

I got some of the stuff that I need before travelling: locks, dog leash, hook screws, extension plug. The most amusing part was to buy the locks. They were for KD4.3 each!! That is around US$12.9 for each. I can't deny there were some cheaper varieties but this one looked nice enough and I need two for my backpack and my suitcase. Why is it that high, I just don't know!
On the other hand, the dog leash was something like 20ft long (as written on the card that comes with it), but I would need something around 6 or 7ft only, so I'm going to check if I can cut it into smaller portions. I don't have a dog! But the leash will work with the hook screw to stabilize the camera (a bit) instead of using the tripod everytime (or sometimes you can't at all), and here how it works:

1. Connect the hook screw to your camera's base.
2. Connect the leash to the hook. The leash is better be longer than your height a bit.
3. Step on the leash on the ground and raise your camera up to the maximum you can go. Of course the maximum should be fit to your eye level.

I learnt this method from one of the books that I had on PDF. Hopefully I will mention my resource when I get back home. [Canon DSLR, The Ultimate Photographers Guide - 2008]

For some time, I think I'm falling in love with my own work. I don't mean to be a snob, or some arrogant, but working with some photos makes me eager to see the personalities that I've created out of ordinary photos. Not to say the owners of the photos were ugly or anything, but adding the sparkles and colors to some ordinary photos, makes my imagination go vivid and wild. Could it be used for story-writing some day? Maybe, who knows.

One of the words that I encountered today in my work with the translation, and did not find any words done for it before, was "separate." Thus from reading the Hebrew, Aramaic and the Arabic words for that meaning, I decided to make up the word "facrad" [fucQrud] (to separate). I wouldn't go to explain the various tenses for such a verb but maybe some main points worth mentioning here:
1. Verb: facrad [fucQrud], meaning: separate.
2. Verbal adjective: mifacrad [mifucQrud], meaning: separated or separate(adj).
3. Verbal donor (noun): facrúd [fucQrwd], meaning: separator.
4. Noun: facradah [fucQruduH], meaning: separation. Masculine.

The change in the word's gender in case of verbal adjectives or donor's name is due, by adding the (-iþ) ending to it, with "þ" meaning as "TH" in "thing."

* In Ayvarith, the "C" is similar to "S" sound but with more rounded lips that go outward. Close to the sound of "S" in the word "Sun" in English, or somehow close in sound to the German "ß."





No comments:

Post a Comment