Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tuxunharrá...


A new dizzy morning. I was barely able to get up and drive this morning and go to work. Hope the end of the day comes fast; it is the last day of the week and work time better fly away from my mind quickly.

Today, I put the end of the second chapter of my story, Blackened Image. I was going to type further, but I thought it is better to end it at this much, with a count of 12012 words. That would be around 17 pages. I really don't know if this is too little for a chapter or too much for a chapter, but in scientific books, a simple chapter is difinitely more than 17 pages! Well, I think this is mainly because of the images and diagrams used in illustrations. I'm going to spend some time now to spell-check the chapter (not by reading it again of course!), and I think the first chapter needs it as well.

On the other hand, sadly enough, 2 of my photos were not accepted in www.canstockphoto.com. The first one was the one of the dome in Kuwait University campus, claiming that it is a copyrighted material, and thus could not be accepted without a release. The other photo was for the little bush with the dramatic effect, claiming that it is underexposed. If the art of the image is to make it underexposed, then what can I do to get it accepted?! I might consider submitting the original photo this time, with some addition in saturation. More photos are on the queue and I hope no more problems for the near future!

Of the words that I made up today while making a translation for the "daily verse," there are 2 words that I liked. Why? I don't know! They are:
1. tuxunharrá [toXonQhurWa], meaning: fog. The word itself is in fact a combination of 2 other words. I use this method a lot now as I made plenty of words in such a way to make a fast solution for new words without the need to generate new ones from solid background. But I'm afraid to use it a lot. However, the 2 words are: tuxun [toXoN] (smoke) + harrá [hurQa] (air), so the total meaning would be in the sense of: aerial smoke.
2. h'aztún [xuzQtwN], meaning: particle.

Some extra words are derived from these two:
a. katuxunharrá [kutoXonQhurWa]. Literally it means: like fog, or simply: foggy. An adjective in English, but in Ayvarith it is a little phrase (prefix + word).
b. h'aztúní [xuzQtwnY]. An adjective meaning: particle-like, or so small in some sentences.
c. dia,-t'ániþ h'aztúní [diApaniT xuzQtwnY]. This is my favorite one. It means "Particle Physics." The word "physics" is a combination of a prefix and a word (dia,: science + t'ániþ: nature), so literally it is "science of nature." The word "science" here is even an abbreviation of a larger word: dia,déa, [diAQdeyA]. You can think of the prefix (dia,) as the (-logy) suffix in English.

Flipping through some of the grammar pages, I found out some repetitive and a systematic mistake that I used to make. I put down a note to fix that later WHEN I'm going to build the page again somewhere else.
Although I devised a handwriting cursive form for the Ayvarith script, yet I can't say I'm so fast in adapting it, but I'm using my own developed fast rhythm writing, which is composed of separate letters, but each letter is more cursive than the calligraphic version (which is used for the image above). There are shapes as well that are not listed in this font, but I use them almost permenantly with my handwriting, and most of them are for end-of-word shapes. The changing in the shape of the letter at the end of the word can be used as well as an indicator for a word's end specially in places where spaces are not much available or the words are compressed together. Pardon me for now, I have no power to make a new font for such shapes!




No comments:

Post a Comment