Thursday, December 17, 2009

TGIT...

This is a perfect day. Rain and winds rocked the place! Amazing!
I spent the last night working on some images here and there and I've began to understand more about the panoramic shots and why I get errors when I merge images together. Unfortunately, most of these errors are somehow unavoidable for my case, since it required special instruments to rotate the camera around certain axis, and they cost so much.



Alpha and Radon Lab
Alpha and Radon counting lab


The Previous shot was done in 360 degrees and I cropped in the middle to avoid the excessive mistakes from the stitching process. Still some errors might be visible anyway in some corners. Another image that was disastrous with colors as well, was for the Gamma Lab:



Gamma Lab
Gamma Lab


I made the white balance here into a bluish hue and increased this hue later on after the stitching process, but I think this was not a good idea. I feel the image is not consistent with dark and light areas in general, while some spots are too dark (even in the original large image).


Despite these bad experiments, I got some nice results by mixing one image of different white balances into one by using "exposure fusion" facility. The result was weird and yet, it contained lot of Luminascence noise even after the usual filtration. But I do look at it from some artistic perspective after all;



Open Alpha spectrometer
Alpha Counter With Open Sample Doors


It got a mix of blue and white mixture and I think it is pleasant for the eye in general. But yet, the picture that made me happy was none of the previous ones, but it was one that was regular, but I was happy to achieve such effect with this;



Alpha Spectrometer - top.
Alpha Counter Doors (Top View)


The angle and the blur at the back, as I believe, give a sense of great distant between the two (actual distance do not exceed 10 centimeters). This was an effect I'm happy out!


Away from photography and the waiting list for some images to work on, there were actually other reasons that made me happy about the rain today. In previous post, I mentioned that I was planning to go on ferry to Failaka but I didn't. The thing is, actually, I made what is called "Khirah". It is to ask for guidance to make some decision by using Quran (and there are other various methods as well). When I did this, the phrase that showed to me was:
 
Translated as:
And We send the winds fertilising, and cause water to descend from the sky, and give it you to drink. It is not ye who are the holders of the store thereof. 
 
From chapter 15 (Al-Hijr), phrase 22.
The phrase speaks of winds and water or rain, yet the weather was so nice that day. Today, I was checking the schedule for the ferry again to see if there is any possibility to go today (beside work time), and seems like if the phrase from Quran applied itself perfectly for today, 2 days after from my enquiry! I don't know if there is a connection between the two, but it is something that makes me meditate into the nature of the universe and the events the surround us in general. Everything seems connected...

The yield for my translation process for today is 2 verses as usual, and I could not continue further since my eyes are almost closing by themselves. I did not make up much words for today though, and the translation process was going smoothly almost with no delay for looking up or making up a word. I've exceeded the limit of 2000 lines now, getting into line #2041. To me, it is a breakthrough, to get over 2000 lines being translated into Ayvarith. I try to say some words while writing in order to increase the grasp of the language and its sense.

As for now, it is Thursday, and it is time to take a nap in the afternoon, and go out by night, and then play some games all night IF my eyes helped me out with it!






No comments:

Post a Comment